This is a creative cluster for the Artist's Way. Feel free to jump in or out as you see fit. Use the tags to begin and pace yourself through the course day by day, week by week.
Until I get to the end of Finding Water, exercises for the chapters will be posted daily. Feel free to post your answers as comments to the exercises, or keep them in your journal. We'd love to read about your weekly Artist Dates, though!
"It is my experience as a teacher that an atmosphere of safety and trust is critical to creative growth. I have found these guidelines to be helpful in establishing that atmosphere."
WE DECLARE PRINCIPLES TO BE ABOVE PERSONALITIES. WE INVITE A SPIRIT OF SERVICE TO THE HIGHEST GOOD AND A FAITH IN THE ACCOMPLISHMENT OF OUR OWN GOOD IN THE MIDST OF OUR FELLOWS.
SACRED CIRCLE RULES
1. Creativity flourishes in a place of safety and acceptance. 2. Creativity grows among friends, withers among enemies. 3. All creative ideas are children who deserve our protection. 4. All creative success requires creative failure. 5. Fulfilling our creativity is a sacred trust. 6. Violating someone's creativity violates a sacred trust. 7. Creative feedback must support the creative child, never shame it. 8. Creative feedback must build on strengths, never focus on weaknesses. 9. Success occurs in clusters and is born in generosity. 10. The good of another can never block our own.
Above All: God is the source. No human power can deflect our good or create it. We are all conduits for a higher self that would work through us. We are all equally connected to a spiritual source. We do not always know which among us will teach us best. We are all meant to cherish and serve one another. The Artist's Way is tribal. The spirit of service yields us our dharma: that right path we dream of following in our best and most fulfilled moments of faith.
- Julia Cameron, The Artist's Way
BASIC PRINCIPLES (read through once a day)
1. Creativity is the natural order of life. Life is energy: pure creative energy.
2. There is an underlying, in-dwelling creative force infusing all of life - including ourselves.
3. When we open ourselves to our creativity, we open ourselves to the Creator's creativity within us and our lives.
4. We are, ourselves, creations. And we, in turn, are meant to continue creativity by being creative ourselves.
5. Creativity is God's gift to us. Using our creativity is our gift back to God.
6. The refusal to be creative is self-will and is counter to our true nature.
7. When we open ourselves to exploring our creativity, we open ourselves to God: good orderly direction.
8. As we open our creative channel to the Creator, many gentle but powerful changes are to be expected.
9. It is safe to open ourselves up to greater and greater creativity.
10. Our creative dreams and yearnings come from a divine source. As we move toward our dreams, we move toward our divinity.
Please join our sister community if you are interested in running or moderating this creative cluster or your own. creativecluster